About Me

My photo
Three and a half years ago I became vegetarian. Three and a half weeks ago, anticipating a certain health diagnosis at any time, I also gave up all added sugar in my diet. My mother is of a certain generation and, although a very good cook, struggles to know what to offer guests with specific dietary restrictions. She once had a vegetarian and a coeliac for dinner at the same time, and nearly lost her reason! So, the idea for this blog was born. Every recipe that features here will be vegan (and, obviously, vegetarian), gluten free, sugar free, lactose and dairy free, and suitable for people on a low sodium diet. That's right, you read that correctly. Even if you have guests with each of these restrictions coming to the same meal, everything here is safe for them. And, before you expect weird and wonderful ingredients to make an appearance, everything I'm using can be bought in larger branches of all major supermarkets - you don't even need to visit health food stores. Try the recipes and tell me what you think!

So What's This Tweet Treats Thingy All About?

Watch the brilliant 30 second trailer below and all will become clear!

Tweet Treats Trailer from Catherine Ryan Howard on Vimeo.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

You know, for kids!

Afternoon, all!  Thanks to some broadband "drama" earlier I'm only getting the chance to blog now. But the good news is that I now have 404 #tweettreat recipes!

I put the call out yesterday for some good #tweettreat recipes for kids, and I was inundated! Prolly cos you're all still big kids at heart.

Anyway, the winning #tweettreat recipe for the day was easy to pick.  Not only did this one jump out at me, it seemed to strike a chord with a lot of you as well, judging by the comments.

So, here's today's winning #tweettreat:

"Marshmallow Icecream. Heat qtr pint cream & 6 oz m'mallows till melted. Cool. Whip hlf pnt dbl cream & fold into mix. Freeze."

The creator of this piece of sugary genius is @mduffywriter, who is today's rockstar of #tweettreat! Well done Maria. :)

Now for tomorrow, your task is dip recipes.  I have received a few, but not many.  As ever, the creator of the best #tweettreat recipe will be crowned rockstar. ;)  Remember, I'm still collecting any and all other recipes as well!

Till tomorrow, happy tweeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment