About Me

My photo
Three and a half years ago I became vegetarian. Three and a half weeks ago, anticipating a certain health diagnosis at any time, I also gave up all added sugar in my diet. My mother is of a certain generation and, although a very good cook, struggles to know what to offer guests with specific dietary restrictions. She once had a vegetarian and a coeliac for dinner at the same time, and nearly lost her reason! So, the idea for this blog was born. Every recipe that features here will be vegan (and, obviously, vegetarian), gluten free, sugar free, lactose and dairy free, and suitable for people on a low sodium diet. That's right, you read that correctly. Even if you have guests with each of these restrictions coming to the same meal, everything here is safe for them. And, before you expect weird and wonderful ingredients to make an appearance, everything I'm using can be bought in larger branches of all major supermarkets - you don't even need to visit health food stores. Try the recipes and tell me what you think!

So What's This Tweet Treats Thingy All About?

Watch the brilliant 30 second trailer below and all will become clear!

Tweet Treats Trailer from Catherine Ryan Howard on Vimeo.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Nothing half-baked here

Happy Wednesday all!

Today's challenge was for baked goods; the sort of recipes I find very difficult to get into 140 characters personally.  They're also the sort of recipes I want most; I like to bake something for a special occasion, but haven't the patience for long step-by-step recipes.

So I was particularly impressed by the standard of the recipes that came in today, which was very high.  After much deliberation (and an unnecessary amount of drool) I have chosen the following rockstar:

"Cream 115g butter w/1/2 cup sugar. + 1 tblsp golden syrup, .5 tsp vanilla ex., pinch salt, cup self raising fl. Form balls, bake 170c 12 mins."

Added points, of course, are awarded for the outrageous use of the word "balls" in a recipe. ;)  Today's rockstar is @chiddle84, for the second time!

Now, in light of today's shocking events in Cumbria, it doesn't seem right to announce a frivolous or silly challenge.  As a result, tomorrow's challenge is for comfort food; either food you make for yourself, or for family and friends, when in need of a bit of cheering up.

The total so far today is 824; I'd love to get to 840 tomorrow. :)

Take care everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment